So, we’re all different, right? Doesn’t take much to realize that. Accommodating our individual differences does take some extra work,though. At Jinji Cycles, we’re not convinced that any product, or combination thereof, is suitable for any rider. This is why we put such effort into our custom program. Whether it’s a rider’s size, mileage, riding style, or maintenance habits, we will consider every possible factor to ensure that our clients are on the best combination of equipment for their use. Just because something is expensive or popular, does not make it the right product for everyone. After all, it is our equipment that keeps us going, and a careful, calculated consideration of that equipment will keep us going faster and longer with fewer repairs. Our custom program falls under two categories.
1. Parts replacement and upgrade.
Most of us are riding stock bikes. Stock bikes are built to fit a certain price range and a certain range of riding style and rider type. As a result, not every stock bike is specially suited to the particular rider. When it comes time to replace or upgrade parts on a stock bike, we take the time with our clients to consider the multitude of parts available, and find the parts that best fit them and their bike. We’re bike geeks, so we are able to help our clients think outside the box a little bit and consider some different options.
2. Custom new bikes.
Sooner or later you’re going to want a new bike, and when that time comes, Jinji Cycles is here to help you get a bike specifically planned and built for all of your unique differences and preferences. Not only does a custom bike let you build a bike just for you, but it gives you the freedom to put your money where you want. Have some specific parts in mind? No problem. Better wheels instead of better shifters? You got it. With a careful consideration of your budget, we can assemble a parts package that best optimizes your dollar. Our custom bike program takes a little longer, but you can be assured the absolute best use of your money and the best bike for you. It works something like this.
1. Initial consultation. At our first meeting we will discuss your new bike dreams and get an idea of what conditions and requirements are unique to you. We’ll mostly narrow down frame options first.
2. Find a frame. This part is mostly up to the client. Since Jinji Cycles is service driven we have a lot of freedom in helping you find the perfect frame. We do not sell or stock frames because we do not want to be married any specific brand. You have the freedom to get whatever frame you like. We’ll assist in making sure it’s the right size and style.
3. Parts decision. Once the frame is decided on, we can make final decisions on the parts going on it. Again, we will consider every possible factor to best outfit your new frame.
4. Build. Parts will be ordered and received. This is where the Jinji Cycles custom build takes place. While any bike shop mechanic can install parts, we are committed to going through all of the extra work to ensure that all of your custom parts are assembled in perfection. Frame is chased and faced where applicable. Every bolt is cleaned and greased. Every part is installed to exact manufacturer’s specifications. Extremely detailed notes and photos are taken during the the build process to account for the precision of the work. A build book containing this information is given to the client upon reception of their new bike.
5. Ride. Ride. Ride. A Jinji Cycles custom build is designed to let you ride worry free for miles and miles. No Jinji build should develop unusual noises or creaks or wear out prematurely. Our clients demand and pay for perfection, and we everything we do is designed to make us deliver.